Introduce yourself – who you are, what you do, and where you are.
Maria is originally from Pennsylvania, and she has enjoyed living in the Kansas City, MO area for the past 16 years. She is the founder of Mid-America Law Firm, LLC, a Social Security Disability and Guardianship practice. Maria received her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science degree from the University of Missouri-Kansas City in 2004. She received her law degree in 2008 from Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Lansing, MI. While in law school, she clerked at the Platte County, MO’s Prosecutor’s Office where she gained extensive legal experience while working toward her degree. After graduation, she worked as an associate with Burnett & Driskill for approximately one year.
Maria is admitted to practice before the U.S. District, Western District of Missouri; U.S. District, Eastern District of Missouri; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit; and all courts in the State of Missouri. She is also certified by the Supreme Court of Missouri for Guardians Ad Litem in Missouri Juvenile and Family Court Matters.
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Briarcliff Business Partners Alliance
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Kansas City Missouri Bar Association Young Lawyers Society
- National Association of Professional Women; Honored for Excellence and Dedication in the Legal Profession, 2010
- National Organization of Social Security Claimant’s Representatives (NOSSCR)
- Platte County Bar Association
- Platte Land Trust Board
- Clay County Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- The Missouri Bar Solo and Small Firm Committee
- 2015 Social Security Boot Camp Continuing Legal Education Presenter
- 2015 Missouri Guardianship Alliance (MOGA) – Presentation on “Applying for Social Security Benefits for someone who is under guardianship”
- 2016 Missouri Guardianship Alliance (MOGA) – Presentation on “Applying for Social Security Benefits for someone who is under guardianship”
- 2016 Platte County Bar Association Continuing Legal Education – Presentation on “Applying For Social Security Disability Benefits”